On self-image: saying no to self, body shaming and discriminations


Hey babes, you are awesome!
What is this thing about you wanting to look like someone else, sound like someone else and worst of it all, feel like someone else.
Don't you know that you were created in the image and likeness of God. A perfect work of God's manifestation and accomplishments.

Confidence and self-acceptance is a long journey which you must embark on ( in case you have not yet). It will give you inner peace to be able to look at the mirror and admire yourself and say, damn! I am beautiful.



Make no mistake, any form of scar or disability which you feel are inadequacies are what make you unique and beautiful.
You may look at another female who is so pretty without a fault, confident, glamorous and all but know this; stop comparing yourself with others, stop the envy. Instead, when you see another beautiful God's creation, admire them, give a good compliment and such positive attitude will make you feel much better about yourself, you will start seeing yourself as God's perfect creation—above all Confident.
Here is something practical ladies.
If you think that you don't look good enough or fit to be called beautiful, please take a walk to the Emergency Rooms of a hospital then you will learn to appreciate and admire how gorgeous God made you and a great gift for giving you such grace to be called A LIVING SOUL.
You will learn to be thankful instead of feeling sorry for yourself.


Also, to the beautiful sisters, this one is for you.
You think that you have it all?  Six feet plus, curvy as a demand curve itself, smooth pretty face without a pimple, gorgeous body without a fault —I admire beauty when I see one.
Know this, somewhere, somehow another person's beauty has been turned into ashes, burnt by fire outbreak, wounded and even buried six feet underground. Here you are using yours to intimidate your fellow women. You think that it's by your power? Intimidating men, that I could try to understand but your fellow young women, it's wrong. YOU ARE WRONG!
You are God's perfect hand work just as those other women that you feel are not fit to be in your class of the sexiest.
Pardon me for saying this, we are all daughters of God, vessels unto honor. In other words, we are all Queens in our lane. So stop  marginalizing the disabled, brutalized, the broken, the scarred or what you people term "the ugly".



It's time you used your body and beauty for the upliftment of that sister  who may be struggling with self-doubt or low self-esteem. Say  something nice to her  instead  of stern looks filled with mock, dislike and rejection. Welcome them if they choose to be in your midst. Trust me, it's a privilege, you just don't know yet.
Bottom line—use your beauty to glorify God and for the upliftment of fellow humans.
Let's talk outfit.

Read also: Dear Society, there is no late comer in life 

Earlier this year, on my journey to self-discovery, self-acceptance and finding my more confidenct self. I made a bucket list and one of those things on my list was to wear a bikini on the beach. I don't mean to sound vain but please I'm sorry if I do. A girl can only indulge in some things once, right? I just felt this would spur up my self-image and help me rise against the standards of the society ( I'm really tired of the society).
I know, I can see you flicking your eyebrows but I really need this as I am a very shy person, introvert to the core, worried that I don't look good enough to be in a bikini, worried that the society will judge me for wearing such. But I have crossed the first hurdle —I wore a short equivalent of a bikini. Even though it's not a bikini but I'm almost there.


Wow!  I'm doing the victory dance right now. Come join me.
So this is me saying no to body, self shaming, marginalization. Cheers to a world where short, tall, slim, fat, blacks, whites, scarred, and pretty will live together without discriminations.
To a society where women will stop tearing each other down for whatever reasons they may have.
To a better generation filled with confident young women and a less cruel world for my unborn children.
I'm off to confidence island babes! See you soon. Till next time.
Be confident,  dress well, chest out, don't slouch, make that catwalk as the Queens that you all are.
Shop the look




Share your thought in the comment box.
Is there anything that you would love to add to this article?
What is your own view on self image, body or self shaming?

LETS GET SOCIAL
Instagram: dazzle_and_gorgeous
Twitter:    DominikaGood
Pinterest: Goodnessdominika
Bloglovin: dominikagoodness 
Google+: Dominika Goodness 


your photo name

9 comments

  1. I totally get you girl....sometimes we forget that our physical attributes are of no real relevance. Once we have God nd life...we should learn to appreciate ourselves more often😘
    I loved this post🙌
    Nd btw Gurlll!!! You're hair, the makeup, the pictures🙌🙌💕💕

    Lemonadesociety.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, I'm so happy that you can relate to what I'm hammering on—self acceptance. It will do us so much good. Thank you for reading and I'm glad you found this post useful.

      Delete
  2. I couldn't have agreed more. I have finally learnt to appreciate every curve and every scar on my body and to ignore the naysayers. Love your hair! Great post...xxx

    www.sunlightdreamer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ifunaya, I'm glad you have learnt to appreciate and love yourself. You have come a long way. Thank you for reading and I hope you visit often.

      Delete
  3. Loved this post and I loved the look! You have great style, so glad I found your blog! :)

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are here too, Michele. Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  4. Love your post!!! Whoever in your life made you feel unworthy of anything deserves to be shamed themselves!!! You are stunning... And you can rock that bikini...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the words of encouragement, Scarlet. And thank you for reading, see you soon here.

      Delete
  5. I really love your work it’s very beneficial to many people’s. Your blog approach helps many people like myself. Its content is very easy to understand and helps a lot,
    Do visit my site for new and Updated software :u!
    Brave Browser Crack
    WhatsApp Mac Crack
    FIFA Mobile Soccer Mod APK
    DaisyDisk Mac Crack
    NetWorx Crack
    KMSAuto Net Crack
    PUBG PC Crack
    Synthesia Crack

    ReplyDelete

GRAM WITH ME